Did you notice a delay in processing your invoice? It could be related to the below article.
If you noticed a delay in the processing of your invoices, please check your sync logs for the invoice that is delayed. You can do that by clicking on the Sync Overview item in the left-hand menu. Once you are there, click on the Sync Logs icon on the right-hand side of the page.
If you see the words "Invoice created with null invoice number will sync on next cycle" your invoice is being purposely slowed down. Please read the background reason and resolution below.
Our software team discovered an issue with the AutoTask API that was allowing invoice data to be downloaded before it had completed the invoice process. We escalated our findings to Autotask and they have issued us with a workaround. As part of the workaround any invoices generated that have NULL (empty) original invoice number will have up to a 10 minute delay, even if your Cloud Depot account is configured to use Xero invoice numbers. To avoid this delay please configure your account to generate an invoice number in Autotask during your invoicing run. Upon sync time our tool will replace it with a Xero or AT Id number (if configured to do so)
To setup Autotask invoice numbers, you will need to log into Autotask.
Once you have done so, follow these instructions:
- Click on the Autotask logo in the top left, and in the menus go to Admin > System Settings.
- Expand the first option: Contracts.
- The fifth option down says "Next invoice number (leave blank to disable auto-numbering)". Click on the link on the right that says "click here to edit"
- Under Global, then Next Invoice Number, enter what you want the next invoice number to be, for example:
- Make sure you click Save and Close. This setting will be active on your next approve and post.