This article explains how to use Autotask Account Numbers to map contacts into Xero
Please contact our support team to turn this feature on
During sync time the sync tool will search your Xero contacts to find a matching company name to the company name on your Autotask invoice, if no company name is found it will create a new one.
The company name between Autotask and Xero must match exactly (search is case sensitive).
Diagram below shows how contacts are mapped in Xero
Using Account Numbers
In some situations you might have a company name in Autotask that differs in Xero. In this situation we suggest that you use the built in Account Numbers to assist our matching process.
The contact matching process, first looks for a matching Account Number in Autotask and Xero.
1. If that Account Number is found it will match the invoice to that contact.
2. If the matching Account Number is not found it will fall back to using a name search.
Diagram below shows how contacts are mapped in Xero with Account Numbers
1. We need to turn Account Number matching on for you, please contact our support team to action this.
2. Account Numbers must be setup correctly to ensure the correct numbers map on both products.
3. Account Numbers can be numbers and letters, please note at this time they are case sensitive: for example if the account number in Autotask is "CUST-001" it must be "CUST-001" in Xero, "cust-001", will not map correctly.
How to setup Account Numbers in Autotask
Account > Edit > General
How to setup Account Numbers in Xero
Contacts > Edit > Contact Information
Do I need to setup an Account Number for each contact in Autotask?
No you can leave them blank by default the sync will just go back to using the name of the contact as the primary search
Does each Account Number in Autotask need to be unique?
Yes it is important that you map the account numbers correctly between Autotask and Xero.